With my current co-op semester coming to an end, it seems appropriate to reflect on my experiences here at Ascentum. As the company’s very first intern, I really didn’t know what to expect when I first began. But now, in considering what I’ve learned over the past four months, it’s challenging to figure out where to begin!
What strikes me most is how I think about public engagement now. Leveraging the values, opinions and ideas of the public and relevant stakeholders is the key to accountability and sustainable decision-making. Since organizations have to manage their time and resources quite carefully, it’s clear that we can’t (and shouldn’t) be doing public engagement for everything. But we should be strategic, and ask ourselves:
- What issues and/or jurisdictions in Canada could benefit significantly from public engagement?
- How can these types of initiatives/events be conducted more effectively?
- How can we ensure that the results actually reach the decision-makers?
This optimism for public engagement has been shaped by the exposure I’ve had to some truly fascinating projects that Ascentum is currently involved with. Two experiences stand out for me:
- Strengthening the Red Seal Program through Organizational Performance Standards. Ascentum has been asked to engage regional stakeholders across the country, in order to explore the utility of a more robust model for skills acquisition and recognition for trades workers. Through this experience, I’ve been exposed to the high level of strategic planning, attention to detail, and effective communication skills needed to conduct a meaningful engagement process. You can learn more about this exciting project at: http://strengtheningtheredseal.ca.
- Helping our team conduct some of the in-person stakeholder consultations for the Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC). These were for Phase II of the Mental Health Strategy for Canada initiative (there are a total of 18 events planned, with the fourth event is being held today and tomorrow here in Ottawa). Ascentum is working closely with the MHCC to lead the facilitation of these consultations, which bring together a diversity of people affected by mental health issues, both personally and professionally. These were very rewarding experiences- not only did I realize how prevalent mental health issues are in Canada, but you could really sense the passion and commitment of the people in the room. You can learn more about this MHCC initiative here.
I’d like to make sure that I thank the Ascentum team for giving me such great opportunities. In considering what I’ve learned about the use of social media, I hope that this last posting has some value for anyone that took the time to read it. As I said in my first blog, if you’re going to say something, make sure it’s useful, or at least interesting!
– Tristan Eclarin –
nba boss adam silver hopes for global basketball bounceThere are numerous loss tables available online through the cable manufacture. If you check the DBS Install link in Resources, you will find a loss table for RG Cheap NFL Jerseys
6 cable. So, the old days that was who you knew. But now, more and more, we have cheap authentic jerseys
students we develop on on line course, where we study the techniques of scouts that are out there. It was the Thanksgiving showdown. With 15 seconds left in the game, Miami was down by one. “I really don’t feel like there’s a quarterback in the league who can beat me in a 40 yard dash. If somebody wants to set something up, I’ll be more than glad to accept the challenge. As you’d expect from the country that gave us “Cannibal Island,” Russia’s response was basically the speech from Taken: Not only will your demands not be met, but you only have a few seconds to apologize before cheap oakleys sunglasses
the killing starts. Hezbollah unwisely called Russia’s bluff and killed one of the attaches, a man by the name of Arkady Katkov. I went and knocked on some doors that day to make sure the bullying kind of stopped. Reporter: But his childhood was mostly a happy one. Whatever claim you think you have to the QB1 designation cheap jerseys
on the Rams depth chart immediately goes out the window right there. You went 4 7 in your first season in St. (NASDAQ:AGEN) cheap jerseys
is up almost 50% since I wrote about it ten days ago thanks to a partnership announcement with Incyte (NASDAQ:INCY) that is a potential game changer for the company’s technology platforms. I have owned the shares since $3 a share and even though the stock has almost doubled I have not sold a share. Tennessee Titans (6 6) Tennessee is off this week due to the late season bye but they could still move into a tie for first place in the AFC South if the Texans lose this weekend. Not a bad spot to be in and not a spot many predicted for the Titans before the season started. “My very first and only [other] time auditioning for cheerleader was in the 8th grade,” Simmons said. Wholesale China Jerseys
“It was so traumatic. I’m going to be the defensive back. David you’re going to come out this way like in a sweep and I’m going to be the guy you block and really you want to keep your feet open and you want to block me out, don’t take me out too hard, this is just wholesale nfl jerseys
a practice drill. Steph Curry is having a breakout year this year and baseball has just started, but Bryce Harper is performing as expected as a phenom. The company is making fantastic investments in the youngest athletes in the corresponding sports. DLTK’s Crafts for Kids, created by a mother of two named Leanne, displays great designs for everyone in the family. Leanne does this for a hobby, and there are plenty of free iron on design images, honoring cartoon favorites and celebrating the seasons and holidays, suitable for kids on this site.